What is Red Ribbon?
- A global symbol created in1991 in New York.
- Solidarity with people living with HIV and AIDS & aimed at uniting the people in the common fight against the disease.
HIV/AIDS Youth Scenario
- 10 Million Youth (aged 15-24) worldwide are living with HIV.
- New Infections / day: 6,000 youths In India: 15-29 years aged people- 31% of the AIDS burden.
- In view of this, MOHFW, Govt. of India has proposed to establish a network with Universities and educational institutions.
- In Delhi (ICTC data): prevalence of HIV Infection in 15-25 years age group is 1.94%.