The Department of Mathematics was established in the year 2002 with the introduction of the Under Graduate course and Post Graduate was started in 2009. The Department involves the UG and PG students in the Industry-Interaction Programmes to develop their practical knowledge and skills in Mathematics. The Department moulds students with strong mathematical foundation, analytical and computational skills and abstract understanding to young graduate. Mathematics enables them to handle any industrial and research problems. The experience and talents of our faculty combine to create excellent results as well as distinguished university rank holders, Gold Medal in the UG & PG levels.
- Mathematicians expand knowledge in areas such as – Algebra and Geometry using new rules, theories and concepts.
- Acquire the abilities in quantitative and problem solving.
- Hold a wide range of rewarding positions in both public and private sector.
- Analyse and grasp abstract ideas to apply them to important practical problems.
- Prepare for competitive exams like TNPSC, UPSC, RRB, SSC, Bank exams, etc.,
- Develop strong analytical skills.
- Understand the basic mathematical concepts used in real life applications.
- Analyse the statistical data in all fields using ANOVA, Test of Hypothesis, etc.,
- Be able to present mathematical arguments with accuracy and clarity, besides having the competency to solve advanced numerical problems and handle large quantities of data.
- Get the full rundown, setting you up to work in fields as far-reaching as high energy Physics and Economic forecasting.
- Have a wide choice of option modules, meaning that you can tailor your degree to exactly the structure that you want, reflecting your own interest and your future career plan.
- Give you first-hand experience of working in mathematics –related career, develop workplace skills and allow you to network with people in industry.
|Ms. E. RATHIKA||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor & HEAD|
|Mr. S. MADASAMY||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. P. BHARATHI||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. E. KUPPAN||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor|
|Mr. N. JOHN BRITTO||M.Sc.,M,Phil(STATISTICS).,PGDCA.,(Ph.D)||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. C. THAMARAISELVI||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,B.Ed.,||Asst. Professor|
|Ms. M. ANUSHALINI||M.Sc.,M,Phil.,||Asst. Professor|